Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thursday, May 8th (McDonald's and Laundry!)

Today was the fourth day of class, and the second covering Ancient Greece. We learned about Greek colonization and different kinds of Spartan fighting and armor, which was really interesting. After class, a group of us were craving some good old American food, so we headed to the local McDonald's! I had a Big Mac, fries, and a coke and it never tasted better. I guess McDonald's really is everywhere.



Today was also a historical landmark for me; It was the first time doing my laundry! This may not seem like a big deal until you realize that there are no laundry facilities available at the hotel. That means we have to wash everything by hand in our sinks, and dry them outside on clotheslines. Not the most fun thing to do. 2 hours later, I had 3/4 of my clothes done soo I'm hoping I'm a little quicker next time.


After laundry and a quick workout at the next-door workout facility, a couple of us headed to the restaurant Kanoni just a minutes walk down the street. Even after a week, I don't think I'll ever get used to the view.


No comments:

Post a Comment